Retail sales growth is being driven by the click of a mouse, rather than the ring of the tills David McCorquodale
The growing power of online marketing shows no signs of slowing. Every year the statistics prove that more and more people are using the internet to research businesses, find services, and make their purchases. I’ve picked out some of the most interesting statistics about businesses online today,
- 70% of brands have presences on Google+
- 25% of consumers who complain about products on Facebook or Twitter expect a response within 1 hour
- 70% of business-to-consumer marketers have acquired a customer through Facebook
- Facebook accounts for 13% of worldwide mobile ad revenue
For some more interesting and surprising statistics about the power and influence of online marketing click here.
So, What Are The Benefits of Online Marketing?
As we have showed you online marketing is showing no signs of losing momentum. If your business hasn’t yet realised the influence and importance of online marketing it really is time you should. It’s not too late!
The benefits of using online marketing are that,
- Online Marketing is flexible. Traditional outbound marketing, such as placing advertisements in newspapers etc. is very static. You can’t just change them, whereas online marketing is totally malleable. You have the ability to monitor your ad’s and change them without inconvenience.
- Online Marketing is traceable. Once you launch a piece of traditional marketing out into the world you have no way of knowing who that marketing is reaching. With online marketing, analytics can check how far your campaign is reaching. This means you can change it to ensure it’s working for your business.
- Online Marketing is target-able. Marketing online has the ability to target the specific demographics that your business deals with or wants to appeal to. With Out-bound ad campaigns all you could do was cross your fingers and hope for results. With online marketing you can find the people who are trying to find you!
- Online Marketing is immediate. When you market online you have the ability to convert a customer instantaneously. With a few clicks your potential customer can contact you or call you or even purchase something from you.
Some more statistics for you doubters
Take a look at this BBC news article. Online sales figures show us that in December 2013
- 1 in 5 non food items was bought online
- There was a 19.2% increase in internet purchases when you compared December 2012 with December 2013
Think about this. When was the last time you looked in a local newspaper, or in the Yellow Pages to find a service you needed? People are using the internet to find the businesses and services they need. Don’t waste your time, money and effort on a marketing campaign which is inflexible, untraceable, and random. Put your resources into a campaign which targets your customers and draws them in.
If you’d like to chat to us about your potential marketing campaign, how we can help you improve your search engine results, or how to get the best results out of your pre-existing social media platforms why not give us a ring? The number is 01437 720 033, or contact us here.