Are you keen to run your digital marketing ‘in-house’ but worry about how you will manage in a ‘solo’ role? There are benefits of handling your digital marketing in-house if you have the resources and the know-how, but it can be a full-time role in itself – even before factoring in the need to keep on top of the latest trends and stay on task.
One potential solution is to partner with a digital marketing agency for mentoring services.
How does a digital marketing mentoring service work?
- As with any other mentoring arrangement, your own team would be responsible delivering your digital marketing.
- However, they would now have access to an independent expert to assist with creating concepts, strategies and the tactical implementation of those strategies.
Mentoring can support your digital marketing efforts in 4 key ways:
- Mentoring allows you to keep digital marketing in-house without the need for a big team
- Digital marketing is a fast-moving area of any business. Keeping on top of your day to day strategy whilst planning ahead and implementing everything to stay on top requires not only skill but time.
- Your in-house marketer will be able to have regular discussions with an expert to keep them on track. This effectively extends your marketing team without the need for additional staff.
- Mentoring can help you make more efficient use of training budget
- A mentor can provide up to date information on the areas your marketer wants to be updated on. This saves time: no more wading through training options and attending courses that might not quite fit the bill.
- Your mentor will have an understanding of your business, what you are trying to achieve and how digital sits within that, so you will get more relevant support and training.
- Mentoring allows you to choose how much support you need
- Under a mentoring arrangement, you agree the extent of the support you want to receive. You might find it helpful for your mentoring partner to keep an eye on your analytics and review how things are going every 2 or 3 months.
- An alternative would be to choose a pre-determined amount of time each month for ‘help desk’ type services. You could include cover if your in-house marketer is away on holiday or for other reasons.
- Mentoring offers your business continuity of support
- Your digital marketing needs will inevitably develop with your business. A mentoring arrangement will help you be more agile and responsive to those changes.
- The ongoing nature of this type of arrangement means that your partner will develop an understanding of your business and can help you achieve your goals by supporting your internal marketing professional.
Mentoring is an effective way of expanding in house digital marketing knowledge and expertise. The ongoing relationship means that your business has support from someone who knows how ‘you tick’ and brings many benefits. It also helps you develop your in-house skills base in a way that is focused on your business.
We’ve been working with a number of businesses providing mentoring service with great results – if you’d like to understand how mentoring could work for your business, get in touch today to find out more.