OK this was done in 2010 but we can bet that these stats will have changed little in 2011. A real shame as online marketing isn’t the only form of marketing but is cheaper and easier to monitor the performance. On day businesses will drag themselves into this century, why don’t you start with creating your own business website……..
Key Findings: Business Websites
- 47% of all business websites have none or very basic levels of SEO
- Over 70% of companies with less than 50 employees have none or very basic levels of SEO
- 74% have no basic website analytics software for tracking site visits
- 12% of all business websites are not indexed in any search engine
- 0.6% of business websites are under construction
- Only 3% of all business websites could be considered to have advanced levels of SEO
- 82% have no HTML sitemap
- 75% have no XML sitemap
- 69% have no Robots.txt file configured
- 35% do not have unique Page Titles
- 56% do not have unique Page Descriptions
For a free copy of the full research study of UK business websites – please visit www.analyticsseo.com/blog.
Or contact us by calling 01437 720 033 or clicking here.